It was so much fun participating in #SocialCircus this month, and as we get closer to May, I have another circus inspired recipe to share with you: these circus animal cookie cupcakes ! Ready for a bite?
While I'm in favor of homemade recipes, there are times, especially around the hustle and bustle of birthday parties or baby showers, when you just want to have a cake mix.
For these animal cookie cupcakes, I grabbed my favorite cake mix, tweaked it a little with vanilla and glitter and boom, pretty funfetti cupcakes came out of oven.
I have made my favorite cream cheese frosting, but, you can certainly go easy and opt for premade frosting as well. I will not tell anyone!
I used a classic animal cookie / cookie for the top of the cupcakes. I brushed the cookies with a little melted butter which brings out the features of the animals and gives the cookies a nice color and shine.
Add a few hundred more nuggets to the top of your circus themed cupcakes and you will have the most adorable treats.
Seriously, so cute, and they taste good. I do NOT know because I ate three. Nope. Someone told me.
You can finish the look of your circus animal cookie cupcakes with these adorable marquee cupcake wrappers that I found on Etsy.
These circus-inspired cupcakes are so easy to make, taste good, and are pretty awesome if I say it myself. Be sure to leave a comment if you incorporate them into your next circus party or shower!
Also be sure to check out my soft mini pretzels which are also perfect for a circus themed party!
Betty Crocker Supermoist Vanilla Cake Mix
1 cup of water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons of multicolored glitter
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare the cake mix according to the box, adding water, oil and eggs. Add the vanilla and beat until smooth. Sprinkle slowly, do not mix too much.
3. Fill about 24 2/3 cupcakes. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the top of the cupcakes come out once pressed.
Cheese frosting cream
1. With an electric mixer, mix the cream cheese and butter until very smooth.
2. Add the vanilla extract and mix. Slowly add the powdered sugar until you reach the desired thickness and softness.