I have become absolutely fascinated by the fairy garden trend and I love these beautiful broken planters in a fairy garden pot. It seems perfectly natural for the woodland fairy community to settle in a broken planter, right? It makes me wish I could reduce the size of a thimble and enjoy this little magical world myself!
Certainly, I'm not an expert in fairy gardening, as I plan to make it my first this spring using one of these broken pot planters.
In case you're new to the trend, fairy gardens are actually just miniature gardens with structures (like little fairy garden chalets, miniature mushrooms, tiny fairies, miniature forest animals and fairies) paired with living plants, including living fairy moss, herbs and flowers. Fairy gardens are a great way to put those green thumbs up for creative use. I am just captivated by some of the intricate fairy gardens that I have seen online and my mission is to create mine.
RELATED: Check out our Homemade Hummingbird Food Recipe!
Fairy Garden broken planters
Ever since I did my own shopping to find the best fairy garden broken pot planter, I thought I would share some of the prettiest I have found. Each of these fairy planters has its own appearance, but I would be happy to use one of these broken planters as a starting point to build my fairytale garden masterpiece! Tip, if you really want to make your life easier, consider buying a fairy garden starter kit when you buy your planter!
1. Provence Broken Pot fairytale garden planter – How sweet is this little fairytale planter? I love this broken pot planter because of its beautiful hand painted finish. The small size also makes it really perfect for indoor or outdoor use. This fairy garden broken pot planter is made from a durable poly-resin, which means that it will not deteriorate when left out by the elements. I can just imagine a lush green moss growing on different levels!
2. Fairy Garden broken planter with cottage – The picturesque little fairy garden house perched on top of this broken fairy garden planter is surely where Cinderella lives with her evil half-sisters! I love this little scene and I think it would be gorgeous filled with a variety of little plump succulents and a few fairy garden accessories to add color. This broken planter has 3 planting zones that allow you to create a nice layered look.
3. Whimsical three-pot fairy garden planter – If you are not super creative and want a planter who literally only needs to be planted, this pretty little work of art is the ticket to your fairy garden . These broken planters in a fairytale garden pot can be placed on your desk or you can even hang them!
4. Broken fairy garden with tree – I think it may be the home of a Keebler elf or two instead of a fairy! This beautiful fairy garden planter in broken pot even comes with sunlight, which makes it perfect to place near your entrance. I'm just loving the beautiful scene of the treehouses and I think it would be gorgeous planted with bright and colorful flowers.
5. Oversized broken planter – These are pretty big fairy planters in a broken fairy garden pot (23.5 diam. X 19.5 H) which give you a lot of space to design your dream fairy garden. I would love to see it planted with fairy moss, succulents and flowers. Of course, don't forget to shop around for a few fairy garden fairies to place in your garden!
6. Clay pot covered with living fairy moss – This is a tiny little saucer shaped fairy garden that comes with living fairy moss. Not exactly a broken pot design, but I couldn't resist this little piece for use in your home or anywhere you want to add a touch of fairy magic.
7 Fairy planter in broken pot with Acorn House – Perfectly sweet in every way, this pretty fairy broken garden pot has a charming little tassel house on top. Every fairy garden needs an acorn house! I love this planter in particular because it is painted in a unique way that really sets it apart from the other choices that I listed above. It's the perfect way to get started in fairy gardening this spring!
After choosing your favorite fairy planter, be sure to pick up your fairy garden accessories or a fairy garden starter kit and get to work!