Does your dinner routine seem a little boring to you? To keep meals in our house fresh and fun, I turn to one of my family's favorite ingredients: Pillsbury Crescents.
I join Pillsbury today to share this simple and delicious crescent taco ring. It’s safe to bring great flavor and a lot of fun at dinner time! As a working mom of two, I often have those nights when I just need a quick, warm and enjoyable recipe to prepare the husband and the kids. This is actually my 6 year old kid's new favorite recipe, and he asked me if I could make it the next time his friends came to play.
Taco croissant ring recipe tutorial
As you can see in the video below, this Pillsbury taco croissant ring recipe offers such an easy dinner option, and one I know my kids will love.
I love the versatility of Pillsbury Crescents. Whether I just make them in buns or use them in a recipe, I can always count on Pillsbury Crescents to be sweet, warm and tasty.
I particularly love this taco croissant ring recipe because it gives a new favorite to a family favorite.
I have to admit that I make tacos at least a few times a month because it's a meal that my family loves every time. This recipe is great because it offers this classic taco flavor, but updated in a really fun way.
Kids love to eat their taco croissant wedges. Evan likes to dip hers in sour cream and Kara likes hers with salsa.
After making this taco croissant ring recipe the first time, my gears really started to spin. This ring shape using boxes from Pillsbury Crescents is really a fantastic model for so many more wonderful and easy dinner ideas. Think of the possibilities!
I plan to try a pizza croissant ring next week, and then maybe a croissant ring of hot ham and cheese after that. My creativity and imagination were certainly sparked by this fun and easy recipe idea.
When winter and my busy schedule start to knock me down, I like to know that I have this special time to reconnect with my family at the dinner table.
That’s what it all comes down to every day. It's the right thing, and I'm definitely in favor of easy recipes that help me get to the right thing even faster.
This blog article is part of a paid blogging program Megan Media and Pillsbury. The opinions and ideas expressed here are mine.
More delicious recipes
Ground pork tacos
Instant spaghetti in a jar
lb ground beef
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 cup grated cheddar (4 oz)
2 boxes (8 oz each) Pillsbury ™ Chilled Crescent Rolls
Grated lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced ripe olives, taco or salsa sauce, your choice
1. Heat oven to 375 ° F. In a 10 inch non-stick skillet, cook the beef until no longer pink. Add the taco seasoning mix and 1/2 cup of water. Simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly thickened. In a medium bowl, combine the beef mixture and cheese.
2. Unroll the two boxes of dough; separated into 16 triangles. On a large ungreased cookie sheet, arrange the triangles in a ring so that the short sides of the triangles form a 5-inch circle in the center. The dough will overlap. The dough ring should look like the sun.
3. Divide the beef mixture in the half of each triangle closest to the center of the ring.
4. Bring each triangle of dough onto the filling, folding the dough under the bottom layer of dough to fix it. Repeat around the ring until the entire filling is closed (some filling may appear a bit).
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the dough is golden brown and well cooked. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into serving slices.